Fall is fast approaching, and all the harsh conditions winter presents are just around the corner. Now is the perfect time to prepare your home and be ready!
Nuera brokers have provided 8 tips to help you prepare your home for winter, so you don’t fall in between:
- Give your driveway a good once over - looking for cracks where water could get in and freeze causing it to expand and crack. Avoid more wear and tear on your driveway, be sure to re-seal it.
- Prolong the life of your hot water heater and boost its efficiency, before the winter, flush it to remove any sediment.
- Protect your central air conditioning by covering the outside unit with a tarp or plastic sheet, be sure you fasten it down with bungee cords.
- Keep your heat “in” for the winter! Check for any leaks in windows or doors and ensure heating vents are open and not blocked by furniture.
- Avoid slips and falls and aches and pains. Get yourself a good shovel for pushing snow and a have a bag of sidewalk salt ready for any icy spots.
- Make sure your water systems are free and clear! Turn off outdoor water faucets and flush hoses for winter storage.
- Keep your Santa chute ready for action! Get your chimney cleaned at least once a year.
- Avoid flooding in your basement! Test your sump pump to ensure it is in proper working order.