Summer is finally here and you’ll be breaking out your dirt bikes, ATVS, and more. Here is a quick guide to what you need to know about making sure you have enough insurance coverage for them.
Off road vehicle insurance protects you if your dirt bike, ATV, 4x4 and other vehicles are stolen or damaged from an accident.
It is important to make sure all of your passengers and your boat are protected while in the water at all times. Do not exceed the boat capacity and never drink while operating the speed boat. Be sure to have all safety items on the boat at all times.
ATV Insurance for your off-road vehicle.
All-terrain vehicles are a lot more fun when you know you have an off-road vehicle insurance policy. Always drive safe and wear a helmet at all times.
Accidents can happen when you’re out exploring on your side by side and it is important to be as prepared as you can. Again, always wear a helmet and don’t allow anyone in your group ride without a helmet. There should be absolutely no drinking and driving!
Why is it important to have off road vehicle insurance.
- Collision and bodily injury coverage: Accidents can happen due to another rider, weather, trees or bumps in the road.
- Liability Coverage: Paying out of pocket for damages to your vehicle can be costly, keeping you from using your vehicle for a certain amount of time when you could be out riding it.
- Comprehensive coverage: If your vehicle was ever stolen you would have to pay for a replacement vehicle.
How to Save Money on your off-road vehicle Insurance.
- If it’s an older vehicle, you can carry minimum liability insurance.
- Avoid putting in collision claims if you damage the vehicle yourself as this will increase insurance premiums.
- Keep your vehicle in good running condition to decrease the chance of an accidental liability incident.
- Pay your insurance in full for the year to save on any interest or finance fees.
Exploring the great outdoors is a great way to spend the summer. Make sure you can head out without worrying. Get a quote or chat with us and we’ll make sure all your toys have the right amount of insurance.